Poetry Blog Post- November 17, 2009
Today’s Objectives:
- view/discuss/fix common cosmetic problems on blogs
- comment on other students’ blogs
- check your own comments; possibly reply to a comment that someone made on your blog
- print a second clean copy of your poem for your fluency presentations on Wednesday
- make sure to leave with an evaluation sheet/rubric for tomorrow’s presentations
Commenting on Other Students’ Blogs:
Keep in mind-
- I statements with an explanation of why you feel that way… (give a reason)
o I think
o I feel
o I liked
o I noticed
o I am not sure about
o I loved
o I connected
o I was intrigued by
Try to make comments on:
- literary terms
- mood
- theme
- plot of narrative poems
The Golden Rule applies to these comments:
- make positive comments
- write comments about aspects of your poetry that you’d like to hear about your own writing
- make comments meaningful-
o meaningful- I connected to your poem about baseball because I’ve had similar experiences pitching. I noticed your metaphor too- I wish that I would have thought of that!
- not meaningful- I like your poem.
As always...
- complete sentences
- capital letters
- periods
- correct spelling
If you're still reading, before the end of class come and tell me your favorite holiday... if you whisper it to me, I will give you ten points of extra credit for reading this entire post. If you yell across the room, I won't give you extra credit. Only good on November 17, 2009.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment