Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday, April 15

Thursday, April 15

Typed final drafts of your research papers and works cited are due tomorrow!

Today:
Read all directions before getting started.
  1. Create a new Word document for your works cited.
  2. Change your font to Courier NOW! (it will help you later)
  3. The words Works Cited should be centered at the top.
  4. The entire document should be double spaced. Do not put extra space in between citations.
  5. Works Cited Basics: Alphabetize your source cards; type your source cards into your Word document following these directions; type continuously (ONLY hit return in between source cards) and do all of the reverse indent formatting at the end; the auto-format feature will want to eliminate the < > symbols for your internet sites; type it in twice and you will over-ride this auto-format feature!
  6. Do no format the reverse indent until you have typed in each entry. Complete reverse indent at the end. I will help you individually as this can be a little bit tricky.
  7. Do not put a heading on the works cited page.
  8. Be conscientious about all capitals, periods, commas, quotation marks, < >, etc.
  9. When you are done typing your works cited page, continue typing, improving, and editing your body paragraphs...
- When I read your final draft, will I think you are an expert or just know the basics?
- When I read your final draft, will I think you worked on the writing process and fluency, or just stating information?

Formatting instructions for your final draft of the research paper and works cited:
- Look at the back page of the original packet that I gave you about the project about the heading and title.
- Font- 12 point font.
- Font type- Courier
- Insert page numbers if you know how.
- Double-space the entire document.
- Paragraphs should NOT have labels (for example, do not put the word "introduction" above the introduction).

1 comment:

tapneal said...

Your students may also want to check out EasyBib.com. You can accurately cite up to 55 different sources. Once your works cited list is compiled, EasyBib will then properly format the list in a Word document, read to hand in.

The service also lets users autocite up to 21 of those sources, savings students time, and allowing them to focus on research.